CEC ArtsLink, an international arts organization, is sending Public Art Curator, Kendal Henry and Artist, Luisa Caldwell to the City of Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Kendal and Luisa will conduct workshops and lectures with students and young artists at the Krasnoyarsk Museum Centre and at local schools. These workshops and conversations will culminate into collaborative public art project(s) which will be unveiled on June 13, as part of the City Day celebrations. This Blog documents their journey.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Secret Revealed




One of the many sites in the center of St. Petersburg, Russia is the Anichkov Bridge which spans the Fontanka River. The bridge is flanked by four equestrian sculptures known as the Horse Tamers, 1849-1850.

On one ocassion while photographing the sculptures I was approached by a stranger who asked me if the knew the secret. Being a person who likes to be in the know I said I didn't but would really like to. He went on to inform me that the artist had strategically placed the likeness of Napoleon on the testicles of one of the horses.

I think he might be right.

1 comment:

  1. another man told me that the face resembles sculptor's personal foe..

    ReplyDelete